Wax. Strip. Ow.

>> Sunday, April 26, 2009

Today, I waxed myself for the first time. Which isn't to say that I'd spent the years ensuing the arrival of my adolescence in hairy heaven. It's just that I'd always gotten myself waxed in parlours - those strange smelling places run mostly by women who (for some strange reason) all look like eunuchs.
I am a hairy person. I admit it. (And I urge all ye other lasses similarly afflicted to stand up and be proud. 'Tis nothing to be ashamed of. The era of waxing strips and hair-removal creams is come.) So when I looked down at my legs one day and saw Chewbacca's instead, I felt moved to pick up my (butter) knife.
If someone had told me that I would one day enjoy giving myself pain equivalent to being skinned alive, I would have found the idea snortingly amusing. But oddly enough, I didn't mind it. I even found the pain strangely therapeutic. It was almost as if with each strip of wax I pulled off, I was leaving behind all of my doubt and confusion. I am now a surer and more confident (not to mention hair-free) girl. Since this whole process took above of 2 hours, I also missed dinner, which event will ofcourse render me slimmer and more attractive in the near distant future.
This little episode got me thinking about all of those women (and fewer in number, but prettier - men) the world over who engage in this painful ritual. And I have come to the conclusion that a reasonable method of calculating how close a woman is to suicide is to determine how often she gets rid of her body hair. The hairier she is, the greater her collection of books on the afterlife. Because all of these women (and I keep forgetting - men) who choose to go through Hell (oh, the pain!) are not merely de-furring themselves, they are reaffirming their lust for life.
P.S.: Any of you reading this who think the details of bodily hair removal are gross can go wax a werewolf.

11 comments:

Varnika Kapoor April 28, 2009 at 4:57 PM  

hehe..what...

G April 29, 2009 at 8:29 AM  

LOL.

entwined April 30, 2009 at 5:03 AM  

ha ha...brilliantly written...those trips to the parlour are like nightmares wid eyes wide open...and somehow every woman there looks like a potential lesbian trying to attack you armed wid knives and wax that could burn you alive...which reminds me...the trip is due...oooowwwww

Nor May 1, 2009 at 5:28 AM  

Lol at above! :D

Rohit Tiwari May 11, 2009 at 12:42 AM  

what the!!...lol

Nor May 11, 2009 at 9:22 PM  

@rohit: in reference to your msg, i shall *stick out tongue*
you told everyone I had chest hair!

Ramya May 13, 2009 at 12:23 AM  

hahaha..

Anonymous July 1, 2009 at 6:58 PM  

Lol. Among men, the bodybuilders have to endure the cruelty every now and then.

Unknown October 7, 2009 at 2:39 PM  

beautiful, just beautiful. how old r u? basic life necessities explained in simple words! :)

Goddess of Nonsense October 21, 2009 at 6:35 PM  

Hey there!
I love this blogpost so I'm going to stand up and be proud.

P.S. I collect books on the afterlife, inspite of being a regular at waxing parlours :P
Interesting theory though :)

Aquatic Static June 14, 2011 at 9:08 PM  

I'm in love with the moment the hot wax first hits my skin. Not a big fan of the yanking of strips though...Maybe they should introduce whips into the whole parlour experience.
I love your blog and I'm sorry it took me so long to get here.

Followers

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP