Fake Plastic Tears

>> Thursday, April 16, 2009

[This was originally posted on another site (well, facebook, if you should know) about a month back, but I thought it seemed more appropriate here.]

Is it just me, or do Radiohead songs sound particularly wistful when you listen to them all alone, in the dead of the night? Because I was just listening to Fake Plastic Trees - and by the end of the third stanza, all of a sudden - I was crying. Actual choke-back-your-sobs, blow-your-nose wailing. I've heard it twice since, and that strange feeling of loneliness hasn't dimmed one bit in intensity.
I think it began when Thom Yorke went 'she looks like the real thing' in his heartbreaking falsetto, and then went on to sing to his fake plastic love how he could 'blow through the ceiling'; the music building all the while to a crescendo - I think thats the part that brought me right to the edge. And when it suddenly drops to 'wear me out' - I fell into my salty, watery abyss.
Then again, maybe I'm just PMSing.

8 comments:

Kshitij April 17, 2009 at 1:14 PM  

Why? Why so much sorrow in the head?
Joint, Floyd, Bed. Sure shot cure. Trust in experience.
Or maybe you're just PMSing :)

Nor April 18, 2009 at 8:33 AM  

Duly noted in my Little Black Book of Strange Advice :)

Ramya April 19, 2009 at 10:24 AM  

:) i used to put alarms at 3 am to wake up n listen to music. listen to seek up-dave matthews band, live at luther college.

Nor April 20, 2009 at 10:59 AM  

will do :)

G April 25, 2009 at 6:13 AM  

it happens. :)

Annesha June 25, 2009 at 12:06 AM  

Try listening to Exit Music For a Film... has the identical effect on me. When Yorke sings 'We hope That you Choke' I do. Every single time.

Nor July 8, 2009 at 11:25 PM  

@Annesha: Lovely, beautiful, sad, sad music.

Unknown July 20, 2009 at 2:18 PM  

it's trance within you, and you dig ur own labyrinth and jump into it willingly.
Illusions rule our mind...
Radiohead does something chemical to you!

Followers

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP